Are you ambitious, smart, and passionate about operations and supply chain management? Bring your intellect, drive, and talents to APICS and we'll help you succeed by providing world-class education, exclusive industry content, and an unmatched network of dedicated professionals across the globe. Join APICS today.
Advance your career through APICS educational programs. This includes APICS conferences, APICS online events, courseware, self-study programs, APICS corporate services, public workshops, and APICS e-News.
Professional development meetings provide an excellent opportunity for resource management professionals to keep abreast of the latest techniques and systems in their industry. Meeting presentations include sessions relating to the basics and hot topics in today's workplace. These events are also a great opportunity for networking and exchanging problem solutions in the field of supply chain and operations management.
Upcoming Educational Courses
Professional Development Meetings
June 27th - Minor League Baseball-Behind the Scenes
Central Penn Chapter 2016 Membership Contest
To promote membership participation and APICS awareness within the Central Penn Community, the chapter is holding a contest. The contest will be based upon points and the winner will receive half registration cost ($565.00 value) toward the APICS 2016 conference to be held September 25th through 27th, 2016 in Washington DC.
The contest will be open from January 1st through June 31st, 2016 and the winner will be announced on July 1st, 2016.
Members will be eligible to earn points based upon the following point structure:
- PDM attendance - 2 points
- LinkedIn group membership - 2 points
- Bring a non-member friend/colleague to PDM (different friend per month) - 3 points
- CPIM/CSCP course attendance - 15 points
- Survey participation - 5 points
- New member sponsorship (professional membership) - 10 points
- PDM speaker or organizational tour - 10 points
- Participant must be a current Central Penn APICS member (make sure your yearly dues are current)
- Where applicable, points are awarded for paid attendees (courses, PDMs, etc.)
- Function must take place for points to be awarded (i.e. if a PDM or course is cancelled due to lack of participation, no points will be awarded to those who registered)
- Regarding the "PDM speaker or organizational tour" - as of 12/18/2015, we have scheduled events in January and May; members are encouraged to speak at or invite a speaker to a PDM or assist the Board of Directors in planning an organizational tour
- Winner will be selected based upon total number of points accumulated during the contest duration; member with the highest points accumulated will win
- In the event of a tie, the Board of Directors will decide the winner
- The chapter must hold at least two PDMs and one course during the contest duration for this prize to be awarded; in the event that this stipulation is not met, the winner will receive a prize as approved by the Board of Director