About APICS Professional Development Meetings
Professional development meetings provide an excellent opportunity for resource management professionals to keep abreast of the latest techniques and systems in their industry. Meeting presentations include sessions relating to the basics and hot topics in today's workplace. These events provide a means for networking and the mutual exchange of problems and ideas in the field of supply chain and operations management.
Upcoming Professional Development Meetings
Defense Logistics Agency, DLA Distribution
When : Thursday, 10/24/2019
Where : DLA Distribution Susquehanna, New Cumberland, PA
Itinerary : : 9:45 AM – 10:00 AM – arrive at entrance to Main Eastern Distribution Center (EDC)
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM – Walking Tour of the EDC
DLA Distribution Quick Facts:
- A Major Subordinate Command of the Defense Logistics Agency.
- The leading provider of global distribution support to America’s military.
- Oversees a network of 24 distribution centers servicing over 249,000 customers worldwide.
- Stores 2.5 million items, valued at approximately $105 billion.
- Maintains approximately 100 scheduled truck routes to over 250 direct customers
- In fiscal year 2017, DLA Distribution processed 17.8 million transactions.
During your visit to DLA Distribution Susquehanna, Pennsylvania, you will tour the Eastern Distribution Center (EDC), the largest distribution facility in the Department of Defense. As one of DLA Distribution’s 24 distribution centers, the EDC stores nearly 800,000 items and on average ships nearly 200 surface containers, 1,100 truckloads, and 500 air pallet per month. It provides military and commercial repair parts, clothing and textiles, medical supplies and industrial and electronic components in support of the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and other agencies throughout the United States and the world.
**For access to the base, please plan on arriving around 9:45 AM.
**Comfortable walking shoes are strongly encouraged.
**Due to safety requirements, high heels or open-toed shoes are NOT authorized.
**Cameras are NOT permitted.
Registration Deadline: Register at www.apics-cp.org by